A lot of people have been asking me how I’m getting on lately, and I’ve found it a bit tricky to relay my progress, so I thought it was about time I sat down and looked at how I was getting on. As such, here’s a copy of the updated list. Though I feel like I’ve been making a pretty good effort and gently chipping away at the challenges, it looks like I need to get my finger out if I’m going to get all of this badman stuff done by the time I turn 26 in September. That being said, I’m still feeling pretty confident.
- This is a list of 13 outdoor pools in London swim half a mile in 10 of them over the year. ONE
- Get yourself on a TV game show. You can read about my Audition HERE!
- Attempt a London Eating Challenge of your choice
- Sing live Jazz or Blues in a jazz or blues bar (if poss with a live band) and invite all of the fifteen people on your 25/25 bucket club
- Swim The Great London Swim in August 2014. Signed up!
- Raise £500 for a charity of your choice. You can donate HERE
- Go on adventure (definition: An unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity). Little Adventure scheduled for early May!
- Learn to dance burlesque (at least two classes)
- Write something – a short story, that novel that’s been festering in your mind. Anything. Just write something
Catch a squirrel OR eat a boiled egg– Done! Watch the video HERE
- Meet Auntie Kimmy and AJ at Legoland with Charlie.
- Attend a concert of your choice – either a night at the Proms, a Choral Concert, an Opera or a visit to the Albert Hall for the Festival of Remembrance
- Create a YouTube channel (Alice25at25). Post one video each week. One must: do a duet with Georgia. One must not: No Twerking!! If I fail, I have 3 months to learn enough German to have a 25 minute conversation with Vic at Christmas 2014. Ongoing. Check out all of the videos so far HERE
- Create a video using the “Everyday” app – 365 selfies over the year of my #25at25 challenge. Ongoing. See Part One Here
- Run the 5k Colour Run (somewhere in the UK). Signed up! Running 1st June in London. Read about my training HERE
- To ride the entire circle line, getting off at each stop to have a picture at the sign. When at the station, there are two options…1) to have a shot in the nearest pub 2) to write a poem about the station and surrounding area in RHYMING COUPLETS.
- Learn to make at least 3 balloon animals in time for Carly’s wedding in 2014
- Do a ballroom dancing class
Make a bake-off style Show Stopper (recipe to be decided). Done! Read about it HERE
- Dress up fancy and go somewhere dull
- Do a movie marathon of at least three films at a cinema
- Perform 10 random acts of kindness, 5 of which must be for people you are not already acquainted with. ONE, TWO, THREE
- Attend an open audition for a West End show
- Jaffa cake challenge – Eat 18 jaffa cakes in 1 minute
- Learn to SURF!